Stress relating to testing and treatment
Stress relating to fertility problems includes a heightened sense of threat or ‘fight or flight’ response to a very challenging experience (e.g. fertility testing and treatment), which may lead to
- Isolating from family and friends
- Over researching every aspect of the treatment or pursuing treatment options that may not be beneficial.
- Becoming anxious about being stressed (“I must not be stressed or I will ruin my chances”)
Reducing fertility related stress could benefit you by
- Improving your overall emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Empowering you to make well thought out and clearer treatment and life choices.
- Research has shown that it may also benefit treatment outcome.
- Helps you to feel more in control.
- Reduces the burden of fertility testing and treatment.
- Supports your relationships.
- The way you think about yourself/others
- What you think about the situation (e.g. fertility problem) you are experiencing and
- How what you do and feel is influenced by what you think and believe
Mindfulness Therapy is beneficial because Mindfulness supports the body and the mind.
- Integrating Mindfulness improves mental and physical health
- It helps to relieve stress and improve sleep
- Mindfulness is supportive in the treatment of depression, low mood, anxiety, couples conflict and stress reduction
- Mindfulness helps people to manage painful emotions
(Harvard Medical School)